- Rockin’ (Design) Patent: US Design Patent No. D752,021
- Filed: 25 April 2014
- In the name of: Devialet
- Title: Loudspeaker
- What’s claimed: “The ornamental design for a loudspeaker, as shown and described.”
- Why this (design) patent rocks:
- Unlike utility patents, design patents (also called “registered designs”) protect the way all or part of a product looks rather than how it works. This is why the claim here refers to the “ornamental design” for the loudspeaker “as shown”.
- This design patent seems to relate to Devialet’s Phantom speaker, which Devialet claim on their website is “the best wireless speaker in the world” (see here)