- Rockin’ (Design) Patent: US Design Patent No. D762,765
- Filed: 28 October 2014
- In the name of: Nicholas Frirsz
- Title: Musical Instrument Including A Reel-like Structure
- What’s claimed: “The ornamental design for a musical instrument including a reel-like structure, as shown and described.”
- Why this (design) patent rocks:
- Unlike utility patents, design patents (also called “registered designs”) protect the way all or part of a product looks rather than how it works. This is why the claim here refers to the “ornamental design” for the musical instrument including a reel-like structure “as shown”.
- This design patent seems to relate to the “Filmocaster” electric guitar by Frirsz (see here).