- Rockin’ (Design) Patent: US Design Patent No. D759,152 S
- Filed: 3 April 2015
- In the name of: Will-Chen-Zqui Design, LLC
- Title: Guitar Headstock
- What’s claimed: “The ornamental design for a guitar headstock, as shown and described.”
- Why this (design) patent rocks:
- Unlike utility patents, design patents (also called “registered designs”) protect the way all or part of a product looks rather than how it works. This is why the claim here refers to the “ornamental design” for the guitar headstock “as shown”.
- Note that this design patent focuses on the design the headstock (and part of the neck), rather than that of and entire guitar.