- Rockin’ (Design) Patent: US Design Patent No. D594,855 S
- Filed: 29 September 2008
- In the name of: Baltic Latvian Universal Electronics, LLC
- Title: Microphone
- What’s claimed: “We claim the ornamental design for a microphone, as shown and described.”
- Why this (design) patent rocks:
- Unlike utility patents, design patents (also called “registered designs”) protect the way all or part of a product looks rather than how it works. This is why the claim here refers to the “ornamental design” for the microphone “as shown”.
- This design patent appears to relate to Blue Microphones’ Mikey Digital product which, according to their website: “is an ultra-compact stereo condenser microphone that turns your iPhone or iPad into the sleekest mobile recording device around”.
- This video appears to show the Mikey Digital in action…