- Rockin’ Registered Design: EU Registered Design No. 003098110-0001
- Filed: 28 April 2016
- In the name of: Hai-Ping Huang
- Indication of Product: Mutes For Musical Instruments
- Why this registered design rocks:
- This registered design relates to the visual appearance of a mute for a musical instrument (see, for example, the Wikipedia page on mutes for musical instruments here). I believe this could be used as a violin mute, but the design registration itself does not state this. However, the list of goods and services in an EU trademark for “Viabelli” in the name of Hai-Ping Huang includes violins, which seems to reinforce this view.
- Note that this EU registered design application was filed on 28 April 2016 and the design was published, following registration, on 12 May 2016. This demonstrates how quickly EU registered designs can be obtained.