- Rockin’ Registered Design: Registered Community Design No. 002713990-0001
- Filed: 5 June 2015
- In the name of: Shure Acquisition Holdings, Inc.
- Indication of Product: Microphones (part of -)
- Why this registered design rocks:
- This registered design relates to the visual appearance of (part of) a microphone. This design itself appears to relate to Shure’s MV5 digital condenser mic (see here).
- Note the use of broken lines. Although there isn’t a universal agreement on how dotted (or ‘broken’) lines in registered design drawings should be interpreted, they are typically understood to show parts of the design for which protection isn’t sought; elements shown using solid lines are the parts for which protection is sought. See, for example, my commentary on Gimex International Groupe Import Export v The Chillbag Company Limited & Others  EWPCC 31 in the Journal of Intellectual Property Law and Practice (JIPLP) here, which discusses dotted lines in more detail.