- Rockin’ Patent: US Patent No. 7,279
- Issue Date: 16 April 1850
- In the name of: James Ashborn (inventor)
- Title: Guitar Head
- What’s claimed: “I also claim combining an eccentric roller with a capo tasto for moving and holding it down onto any desired part of a guitar handle, by means of a metal strap made to embrace the handle and capo tasto plate and attached thereto, substantially in the manner and for the purpose specified.”.
- Why this patent rocks: a very early example of a patent relating to a capo.