- Rockin’ Trademark: US Trademark Registration No. 1148870
- Filed: 3 December 1975
- In the name of: Fender Musical Instruments Corporation
- Description of mark: “The mark consists of the profile or outline of the head of an electric guitar or electric bass guitar”.
- Disclaimer: “Applicant hereby disclaims the straight portion of the head profile apart from the mark as shown, such straight portion being, in the illustrated head profile of a conventional right-handed guitar, the inclined straight edge shown at the left”.
- Why this trademark rocks: it’s another example showing that trademarks aren’t just available for names, logos and slogans; they’re also available for shapes that can serve to indicate the origin of goods/services too.