- Rockin’ Patent: US Patent No. 2,033,826
- Filed: 11 October 1934
- In the name of: G. C. Haium
- Title: Musical Instrument
- What’s claimed: “In a structural assemblage of the class described, a hollow vibratory support constituting a combined base and tone resonating device, said base being provided on one side with a tone hole, on the other side with a foot opening for the reception of the foot of the user, and in its top with a pin reception and retention hole, and a complemental stringed musical instrument designed for humorous, stage and public entertainment purposes, said instrument including a vibratory string equipped body having a shoulder rest at its upper end, and provided at its opposite end with an anchoring pin removably insertable in said retention hole”.
- Why this patent rocks: where do I start with this instrument comprising a pitchfork, string, resonator drum and cigar box amplifying unit? If you only ever read one patent, please make it this one.