- Rockin’ Patent: US Patent No. 8,103,035
- Filed: 22 December 2006
- Assignee (owner): Bose Corporation
- Title: Portable Audio System Having Waveguide Structure
- What’s claimed: “An apparatus comprising: a housing; and a waveguide located within the housing, the waveguide comprising a first subsection that bends around a first axis and includes a first cross-sectional area with an aspect ratio that is substantially different from unity, a second subsection that bends around a second axis that is non-parallel to the first axis and includes a second cross-sectional area with an aspect ratio that is substantially different from unity, and a third subsection that acoustically couples the first subsection to the second subsection, the third subsection comprising a third cross-sectional area with an aspect ratio that varies between the first aspect ratio and the second aspect ratio; wherein at least one of the first, second, and third cross-sectional areas each comprise a long dimension and a short dimension, and wherein the first and the second cross-sectional areas bend around an axis parallel to the long dimension of the respective first and second subsection.”
- Why this patent rocks: You get to see and read about what’s ‘under the hood’ (see FIG. 8 above).